dimanche 20 janvier 2013

5:18am


Ah, dear Jet Lag, reminding me I'm not in the place and the time I'd like to be.
Here are some drawings based on souvenirs of places I liked, places I lived on, places I worked on, places I felt good and all home-sweet-home like.

It's not melancholic, I'm not missing these places as I could cry for them or anything.
It was more about to put on paper what I actually remembered from them, and what my mind has transformed. How my feelings and my memory influence my relation to the space. Without pictures of the actual places besides my drawings, it might be totally irrelevant for the viewers, even more the ones who don't know these places.

Anyway, do the differences between reality and my mind really matter?


 Behind the CalArts, on Tournament road, there's some kind of sand quarry in front of wild mountains.
Red in summer, green in winter.




Woodglen Venture Apartments. There wasn't a wooden floor, but I felt like the floor was too empty in my drawing without it.
There was a lot of available space, but it wasn't empty.




Cubicle n°34. I know that I made up some details, but I couldn't remember what was on my desk.
Everything was always moving. The details don't matter, it's just about the quantity.




Second home in Cali. At some point, one of the biggest room has been transformed in a stop-motion set.
This made me feel like the place was a lot smaller, but even warmer and comfy.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire